During this Covid-19 challenge we are all experiencing, we need to continue to be in prayer – for one another and for all those impacted by this. Though we are socially isolated, we’re still a body and we need to find alternate ways to connect with one another.
This will be a defining season for the church. Remember, the church is not a building, it is the people. The church building is closed, NOT THE CHURCH!
We’re constantly seeking creative ways to connect. Pastor Brittney is offering challenges and activities for children, we have changed our Life Groups to eGroups connecting online over Zoom, Pastor Janice and her team are checking in on our seniors, our services have been moved exclusively online, we have started an online Prayer Meeting on Wednesdays at 6pm on our Facebook Page (Journey Wesleyan Church), our team meetings are being conducted online over Zoom, and our Care effort (described below) is active and effective.
For now, we ARE allowed to record our live services with no more than 10 people in the Celebration Centre. We will be upholding strict social-distancing practices which you will be able to see.
This is an opportunity for us to live out our calling. Our major plan moving forward is a response to meet the needs of those around us. We will be focussing on the following directives:
Food Purchasing/Errands – There are many in self-isolation who are unable to run personal errands for themselves. WE WANT TO HELP!
Food Prep – There will be those who are impacted financially during this time. Providing meals will be essential. WE WANT TO HELP!
Emotional Health Concerns/Prayer Concerns – High stress situations take a significant emotional toll on people. We need to be here to pray for people and talk with people. WE WANT TO HELP!
If you find yourself in need, physically or emotionally, please do not hesitate to call our office or email at Care@journeyonline.ca
If you would be able to help call our office or email at Serve@journeyonline.ca
Office number – 458-9232 – If we don’t answer, please leave a message.
General prevention measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people, maintaining a 2 metre distance.
- Stay home if at all possible, especially if you have symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- We have closed our church building to the public for the foreseeable future.
- We will be live-streaming our services weekly. Please go to our Facebook Page (Journey Wesleyan Church) or our website (www.journeycentral.ca/watch) to watch our services.
- We urge attendees to remain faithful in their financial support of our mission by giving online, or e-transferring to Give.JourneyChurch@gmail.com
We are monitoring news releases from Public Health authorities
and will take appropriate actions as advised.